What you will learn
This tutorial will teach you how the SDK helps you to manage the location permission.
Pre-requisites - What you need to get started
- Your SDK credentials, including an SDK Login, Password, and Company Key to initialize the SDK.
- A zone, which has been configured on your herow account.
- An iOS Device, with Bluetooth 4.0 and iOs 9 and above.
- The Xcode application, which you can download from the App store.
- You must have completed the customizing a zone notification tutorial and the notification filter introduction tutorial
The SDK Location Permission management
By default, the SDK asks for the location permission when the application starts.
To disable this feature:
- Create a connectplace-settings.plist document
- Add the parameter askLocationPermissionAtStart as Boolean
- Set the askLocationPermissionAtStart value to NO
Once this feature is disabled, do not forget to manually ask for the location permission using the requestAlwaysAuthorization method of the CLLocationManager otherwise the SDK can't detect any zones.
Switch to Swift