Before reading this document, please make sure that:
- You have access to the Adtag Platform
- You have installed the notification tutorial and in-app action tutorial applications on your device to perform live tests
- You have a BLE beacon, configured on your account, to interact with the applications
Accessing the Adtag Platform
Depending on your type of account, you should have access to one of the following Adtag environments. Click on the corresponding link to access the platform, then enter your login & password:
If you have access to different Adtag platforms, make sure that your app is configured to work on the same environment as the Adtag platform you are using.
Selecting a point and editing its associated content
- Either in the MAP or LIST view, click on a point of your choosing
This opens a slider menu, which contains all of the characteristics of the point, grouped in tabs.
Click on Edit
- Click on the Sdk Content tab to manage the content pushed through BLE beacons.
- Update the notification and in-app action parameters, by modifying their title and description.
- Click on Save to validate your changes
Testing the update
- Kill both tutorial applications
- Go through the testing process to check that the content of the notification and the in-app action have been updated
Configuring the in-app Action Parameters
The in-opp Action parameters category allows you to define and manage a display strategy for your in-app actions. In particular:
- Action: you can enter free text to match the action that you have implemented at SDK level
- Default Condition: if you have chosen to use the built-in proximity conditions, you can select the appropriate rule in the drop-down list (<=, =>, or =), which will work in conjunction with the selected Range
- Custom Condition: if you create your own, custom in-app action condition, populate this text field with the matching key that you have implemented at SDK level
- Range: proximity zone applicable to the in-app action (the in-app action will only be triggered if the smartphone is in the right range around the beacon) – 3 predefined values: IMMEDIATE, NEAR, FAR
Learn more about in-app actions in the in-app action process tutorial.
Activating the Advanced Content
The Advanced content option in Adtag allows you to associate images to your notifications and in-app actions. To use it:
- Open a point, click on Edit, and open the Sdk Content tab
- Click on the Advanced Content switch to activate the feature
Three new fields appear:
- The notification image field
- The notification thumbnail field
- The in-app action thumbnail field
Activating the Accessibility option
The Accessibility option in Adtag allows you to activate Text-To-Speech for your notifications and in-app actions, and to define the text that will be read, if you app has activated the SDK corresponding feature (Learn more in the accessibility tutorial).
To activate it:
- Click on your user name on the right-hand corner of the page
- Select Application Management in the menu
- Select on your application in the list
- Click on the Accessibility switch to activate the feature
- Save the configuration
- Go back to your point and re-open the editing interface
- Click on the Sdk Content tab: two new Text-To-Speech fields are now visible
- the notification Text-To-Speech field
- the in-app action Text-To-Speech field