This document aims at to shortly present the Adtag Platform and its data model.
You need to have login credentials to access the Adtag Platform.
Adtag is Connecthings’ custom beacon management platform: it allows users to create ‘Points’, and manage their context, content, and associated technologies/beacons (BLE beacons, QR codes, NFC tags, Wi-Fi, tiny URL...) in real-time.
In Adtag, you create "Points".
All points contain various types of attributes & content, divided into 4 or 5 groups / tabs:
- Context: set of categories to manage contextual informations for the specific Point (not visible as such on the front end but essential to contextualize the user experience – e.g. location of the point, type of street furniture on which the corresponding beacons are deployed, stop id. for a bus stop…)
- Redirect: can be used to set a default URL to which the end user is taken when he/she interacts with a beacon (when there is an associated service). Ability to condition the URL based on a set of context and user-related rules (Smart Redirect)
- Content: set of categories used to define the mobile user experience for "pull" techologies (QRC, NFC...) - Fields to determine the content of a mobile page (rich text, images, videos…)
- iBeacon Content: set of fields to configure and manage the content of notifications and alerts for BLE beacons in association with our beacon mobile SDK.
- Technologies: beacons / technologies associated to the point, with their corresponding attributes.
Adtag & Categories
In order to accommodate many types of content, Adtag Points are not directly managed by a predefined model. Instead, they are managed by categories.
Categories are fixed sets of fields and attributes (boolean, multi-value, text/rich text, images, videos etc.) that can be added to points to manage their context and content more easily.
Categories help structure Point information, and ensure that ‘families’ of points are coherently populated with all necessary fields, all the while ensuring flexibility to manage them (e.g. bus stops vs. restaurants…).
Categories can be created or updated at any time.
When creating a Point, you can choose which categories you want to include, thereby inserting the corresponding attributes.
Some categories are mandatory and common to all Points – e.g. “Localisation” & “Name”; others are determined by family (e.g. a category “BusStop” includes all specific attributes linked to the “Bus Stop” family of Points in Adtag).
Accessing the Adtag Platform
- Click on one of the following links to access the Adtag platform:
- Enter your login and password
- You are now on the interface that allows you to manage Points & their corresponding content
Make sure that your app is configured to work on the same environment as the Adtag environment you are accessing.
Selecting a point
- Click on a point
- A slider menu opens, with all the characteristics of the point (Context & Content information)
- Start updating the content of the point.